PB#10 Reunited and It Feels So Good
The Scecina High School, Class of 1986, had our 20-year reunion at the NCAA Hall of Champions in August.
Cori and I shopped for our outfits a few days before – I went mainstream with the Banana uniform; Cori’s bringing sexyback in that black dress. We joined Rose before the reunion to get a little sauced before heading to the venue.
Everyone looked great, pretty much like they did at Scecina but with better fashion sense and more product in their hair. This is my friend Beth. She was voted “most attractive” in 1986. Now she’s a runway model.
Mike, who was also voted “most attractive,” was still looking good. He installs wood flooring for a living, and some friends (I’m not naming names) told me they scheduled him to work at their house during the hottest time of the year so he would have take his shirt off. Another friend said to alert her when that happens again so she can show up in her Daisy Dukes. It was an open bar, by the way – check out the double-fisted Coors Light. Classy.
Peggy and I were voted “most school spirited” in 1986. She’s got the Miller-Lite version of double-fisted drinking going on.
Keith brought his partner and as far as I know, nobody in this Red State Catholic crowd talked any shit about it. Not that Keith would care – girl is fierce.
Our English teacher, Mr. Philipy, was there. Kristen’s thinking, “why don’t I have a drink in my hand?”
When the reunion officially ended, about half of us headed to Blu, a downtown club, for the after-party. Duffy arranged it and we soon discovered that he was picking up the tab. No Coors Light for me. And this is Rosie, who drove me to school every day our senior year. I got her a drink at Blu to show my appreciation.
These kids are party-crashers and tried to say they graduated with us in 1986. Were they even born in 1986?
Sherry might not remember, but at about 2am she told Scott and me (Rosie already knew) all about the senior year love-life drama that lingered longer than it should have. She’s got a hottie-husband and not too much drama now. She and some others stayed out until sunrise trying to find some, though.
Keith was on fire. Besides lickin’ on Rosie, he attracted a crowd with tell-all reports of taking showers after freshman-year gym class and who had the biggest penis.
I was still pre-pubescent my freshman year, so wasn’t really in the running.


6 Comments:
pjp - that last picture of you is quite amazing. Why didn't you win most attractive?
Apparently I peaked at 14 years old. Unfortunately, we voted four years later.
I forgot you knew Sherry "Jacobs." Her nickname when I coached her was "moose." What a great reunion. Did anyone hit on you? Not like freshman 'hit on you', where they actually punch you but real adult like 'hit on'?
I have not gone to one of my reunions yet. I can't wait for the next one, big 30 in 2007. Wonder if I can drink like I used too? - Two Miller malts and that was it!!
There must have been DOZENS of Anitas I was pals with at Scecina ... so a last name would help me put a face with a name. And here's just a guess ... I had my first date ever with Carol K. and we doubled with a certain Anita S. and her date to go see "Footloose"! And that was the beginning ... of the rest of my life.
Okay, Pat! Now, your other friends get the "now" pictures on the blog. And I get the "then" picture with you. Is that fair? I don't know why I wasn't voted most attractive either. That is quite the hair-do and what an outfit---love the pearls! I'm telling you---we both look so hot, don't we??? Ah---memories!!
Kim
OOPs! Didn't mean to be anonymous!
Kim
Post a Comment
<< Home