After my trip to Iraq (see previous blog), I headed to Indiana to reassure Mom that I’d survived the trip. I get points for being in town for Mother’s Day, and all seven of my older brothers and sisters made it into town as well.

We went to church together then headed for brunch in the ‘burbs.

In Thailand, I have a hobby of collecting images of some of the better English-language mistakes (a future blog entry theme, for sure) – t-shirts, billboards, menus, etc.. But here we are in conservative Fishers, Indiana with this anti-Bush bumper sticker: “Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it’s idiot.” Anti-Bush sentiment here is uncommon, and the owner of this car is not doing her/himself any favors: a grammar mistake while taking a whack at W’s intelligence.

I got to catch up with some old friends, and Kim and I discovered we have a common passion for the CVS pocket-size notebooks. Trendy colors, too.

Back in DC, I checked out Katy’s apartment. It’s my dream crib. The light’s a bit off, so that looks like a stack of weights but it’s really a very funky couch.

From DC I headed to New York where more friends let me crash their party. No idea what Dorcus is doing here.

(Prize for the best caption.)
2 Comments:
"shrieking contest in three octaves"
Hey how about a l-r for the family photo? After so many years it'd be good to know which dork ordered cable, which sis's children were shown how to lick their toes by uncle pjp. etc.
Anne
That's so sad about the bumper sticker.
Post a Comment
<< Home